Thursday, April 11, 2019

World Loving Cup Of Maths

I taught composite together with inverse functions to Year xi for the showtime fourth dimension lastly week. I loved it! For a infinitesimal I idea it powerfulness fifty-fifty live my novel favourite topic... But at that topographic point are loads of other topics I dearest teaching simply every bit much, including Pythagoras, surds, indices, simultaneous equations, circle theorems, together with angles inward parallel lines. It's impossible to direct simply 1 favourite!

I wondered if other teachers portion my preferences. I turned to Twitter to detect out. Inspired yesteryear Richard Osman's Twitter competitions (including the World Cup of Crisps), I ran a World Cup of Maths. I started amongst 32 GCSE topics. Topics were eliminated over the course of didactics of 5 days using Twitter polls. 864 maths teachers voted inward the grand final, crowning quadratics every bit the most pop topic to learn at GCSE. Trigonometry was a worthy runner-up.


If you're wondering how your favourite topic got on, cheque out the sum results below.

Are yous happy amongst the winner? Please comment on this transportation to permit me know what your favourite topic is together with why.

Teachers learn wonderfully enthusiastic when talking virtually their favourite topics. It was lovely to run into together with so much give-and-take on Twitter virtually the joys together with trials of teaching maths. I've shared approximately of my favourite tweets from the tournament below.

Thanks to everyone who voted, shared their opinions together with made me chuckle amongst their tweets. At to the lowest degree there's 1 matter nosotros all deal on - nosotros dearest maths!