Friday, April 12, 2019

Most Viewed Posts Of 2016

I wrote 78 weblog posts inwards 2016. That's an average of 1.5 per week. Here's a listing of the 10 posts that had the most views.

I wrote this post dorsum inwards Jan to encourage people to accept business office inwards a Twitter chat almost classroom displays, equipment together with layout. I asked people to portion photos of their classrooms because most of us similar to possess got a peek at what's happening inwards other schools.

2. Divisibility Rules
My pop posts are unremarkably almost resources, simply it makes me happiest when people read a dependent area noesis post. In this post I talked almost divisibility rules. These aren't taught every bit much every bit they should be. 

3. Classic Resources 
I was surprised to run across a maths instructor on Twitter tell they'd never heard of the Standards Unit. This prompted me to write a post almost all the resources that I was taught almost on my PGCE. It's actually of import that novel teachers entering the profession know almost these timeless classics.

4. GCSE ix - 1 Revision Resources
In Nov I realised that teachers were struggling to manage their students gear upwardly for their mock exams because they felt that in that place was a lack of revision resources for the novel GCSE. In this post I collated all the novel revision resources that I was aware of - I volition driblet dead on to add together to this post over the coming half-dozen months.

5. A Level Revision Resources
Another pop post almost revision - this ane brings together evidence grooming resources for H5N1 marking students. It's a shame that it has a express shelf life - most of the resources featured are designed specifically for the modular specifications, which are straight off coming to an end.

6. 5 Websites You Should Know... #1
My 'five websites y'all should know' serial was good received. It was based on a presentation I did at a TeachMeet. I've written 4 out of the 5 posts together with so far, roofing Corbett Maths, MrCarterMaths, MathsBot together with MathsPad. 

7. Revision Clocks Galore
The revision clock thought originated from a geography instructor together with was adapted yesteryear teachers inwards numerous subjects, including maths. This action became really pop inwards the summertime term. To manage hold rails of the huge divulge of maths revision clocks produced, I collected them all inwards ane post.

8. Common Errors Made yesteryear Maths Teachers
H5N1 controversial post! After noticing a few misconceptions from trainee maths teachers at work, I wrote a post to hash out the fact that maths teachers sometimes larn things wrong. We are all human afterward all! I was planning to crowd source a listing of mutual errors together with create a reference document for trainee teachers together with NQTs. People are actually sensitive almost dependent area noesis though, together with afterward beingness defendant of writing 'pedantic nonsense' I lost my enthusiasm for the idea. The post, together with the extensive comments, are worth a read.

9. Five things y'all mightiness non know almost the novel GCSE content #2 
10. Five things y'all mightiness non know almost the novel GCSE content #1
My ii most viewed posts of 2016 were almost the novel GCSE. The inspiration for these posts came from a tweet yesteryear Ben Ward. He spotted that graph stretches are no longer included inwards the GCSE ix - 1 specifications, together with so I decided to discovery out if in that place were whatever other content changes that teachers mightiness non know about. Across the ii posts I featured 10 bits of data that hopefully made teachers' lives a niggling flake easier. The popularity of the starting fourth dimension post, which has currently had over 8,000 views, was in all probability due to the fact that Graham Cumming linked to it inwards ane of his Edexcel Emporium emails.


I promise y'all constitute these posts helpful. They are my most viewed posts of 2016, though non necessarily the posts that I am most proud of - I volition weblog almost those shortly!