Thursday, September 20, 2012

5 Websites Yous Should Know... #5

Corbett Maths, Mr Carter Maths, MathsBot too MathsPad. These posts were based on a presentation I did at a TeachMeet. The 5th website inwards my TeachMeet presentation was resourceaholic.com, but it didn't build feel for me to write a weblog postal service nigh my ain website. So my '5 websites' serial ended later iv posts, leaving me with an unsatisfactory unfinished project.

Recently I discovered David Morse's resources too wrote nigh them inwards Gems 82. I experience similar I should do to a greater extent than to spread the discussion nigh these resources, too then I've decided they postulate a postal service inwards their ain right. This is a skilful chance to complete off my '5 Websites You Should Know...' series!

David's resources are all freely available on TES and tin live on accessed through his growing website maths4everyone.com. There are over 250 resources, many of which I cause got linked from my resource libraries. David, an experienced maths instructor too Head of Computing, was the most downloaded novel TES writer of 2017. In this postal service I'll focus on David's worksheet grids.

I similar these grids for 5 reasons:
  • The questions are good written.
  • Some sheets comprehend a unmarried science inwards depth, which is rattling useful when introducing a novel science for the starting fourth dimension time (isolation of skills is all the rage at the moment, too makes a lot of feel to me... 1 affair at a time, please).
  • Other sheets are specifically designed for revision, too then comprehend a whole topic inwards 1 place. Last twelvemonth I wrote nigh how I run my Year xi revision lessons after Easter - these grids volition live on perfect for the topic-specific element. 
  • The grid format is impress friendly too pupil friendly. Plus there's no clutter, no mistakes, too the branding is unobtrusive.
  • Full solutions are provided.

Let's hold off at merely about examples...

1. Circle Theorems (First Steps) includes a whole canvas merely on isosceles triangles inwards circles. I've never taught this explicitly earlier - it usually merely comes upwards inwards with the other circle theorems. Next time, I'll irksome down, instruct it properly too move this resource.

This is what the solutions hold off like:

2. Calculating bearings has 5 worksheets of varying difficulty levels. GCSE students ever appear to scrap with bearings - these questions actually assistance prepare fluency.
3. Area of a triangle using sine is an splendid laid upwards of questions on this topic, with a skilful degree of challenge. I'd move these questions at both GCSE too H5N1 level.
4. Multiplying surds is 1 of a laid upwards of worksheets on surds. It specifically focuses on multiplying. As with the other resources, there's a sensible progression of questions here.
5. Expanding triple brackets provides straightforward fluency exercise with a skilful degree of challenge. There are similar sheets for expanding a unmarried bracket, expanding too simplifying too expanding double brackets.

I've entirely provided 5 examples hither but the collection of resources on TES is extensive too growing. Hopefully yous become the thought - it's all measure fluency exercise but good designed too user-friendly. These piece of job good for classwork, revision, too cover. In my reckon these are actually useful sets of questions.

David has shared agency to a greater extent than than merely worksheet grids too then do cheque out his website to run across the balance of his resources. Today I establish his collection of challenging seek out questions on vectors actually helpful when planning a Year xi lesson.

I'm rattling grateful to David for all his hard piece of job inwards creating too sharing his resources. I promise yous discovery them useful too.