Thursday, September 6, 2012

5 Maths Gems #108

Welcome to my 108th gems post. This is where I portion unopen to of the latest news, ideas too resources for maths teachers.

1. SMP
Christian Bokhove (@cbokhove) too his squad stimulate got been working on this projection for a piece thence it's exciting to meet the launch of smp2.co.uk. They stimulate got created PDFs of dozens of onetime SMP maths textbooks too booklets. Read virtually the aims of the projection here.

Click ‘Access to SMP’ to register too download the materials. It's gratis too there's absolutely loads of textile to hold off through. It's difficult to know where to start! I'm really grateful to those involved for all their difficult operate on this.

Here's a randomly picked event of a business on reckoner use. It's from Book G1.
And here's purpose of a business from a Level 3 booklet 'Coordinates 2 - Extension'.
2. Storyboarding
Thank yous to Dale Chapman (Gems 30 back inward 2015, precisely after forgot all virtually it thence this is a non bad reminder! Plus it's expert to meet it inward exercise for bearings, too I wonder what other topics would lend themselves good to storyboarding.

3. GCSE Revision
As e'er at this fourth dimension of yr there's been a flurry of novel revision resources.
  • Grant from Access Maths (Gems 106
  • I proceed to regularly update my GCSE revision resources page. Throughout the examination catamenia I volition maintain a permanent link to this page at the scope correct of resourceaholic.com.

4. Fill inward the Gaps
At Educating Northants final calendar week Craig Barton (@mrbartonmaths) shared a novel type of resource: Fill inward the Gaps. We had a become at it during the workshop too it was brilliant. Try it too you'll meet what I mean.
Go to displays page.

Update
I've been to iii lovely conferences inward the final 2 weeks - Habs Girls, Educating Northants too the London Thames Hub Primary Maths Conference.
At Educating Northants I recorded a Conference Takeaways podcast alongside Craig Barton that yous tin hear to here.
I too went out alongside my friends Gill Leahy too Dil Dias from the London Thames Maths Hub to meet Hannah Fry create a beak virtually her majority Hello World. It was brilliant.
During Educating Northants I went to a workshop on main mastery past times Nicky Moksa too she shared this grid of publish facts. You tin read to a greater extent than virtually it on the NCETM website here too here.

I stimulate got made quite a few updates to my conferences page lately - there's e'er a lot going on inward the summertime term. I'm looking forwards to speaking at the Kent too Medway Secondary Maths Conference on Mon eighth July.

Nikki Martin (@nikki_nzmartin) completed her operate on the Primary Topics inward Depth project. This serial of packs characteristic maths misconceptions, approaches too resources for Years 1 - 6.

My daughters discovered Sumaze Primary final calendar week which was awesome - my vii yr onetime was totally inward dear alongside it too actually happy when she completed every level. It's an amazing maths app for immature children.

I hold off forwards to seeing lots of yous at the ATM/MA conference which is coming upwards soon. Before then, I'm really much looking forwards to unopen to fourth dimension alongside my identify unit of measurement to recover from the hectic calendar month of March.

Finally, I'll exit yous alongside the exciting intelligence that Desmos similar a shot does box plots! If yous haven't seen this earlier too then create stimulate got a play.